CoughDrop was created with AAC teams in mind. The program was designed to allow communicators, teachers, therapists, families, and other supporters to work together to build solid communication.
As part of that continued focus, CoughDrop regularly creates FREE content for AAC teams to support and encourage growth.
Core Communication Workshop
One major support available to al AAC users (whether they use CoughDrop or not) is the Core Communication Workshop.
This tool is a free compilation of activities, books, videos, printables, modeling ideas, and more built on core vocabulary words.
Core words are the most common words used in language and can be utilized to communicate about nearly any topic or for any need. They are the building blocks of communication. (Learn more about core vocabulary here.)
Free AAC Starter Kit
CoughDrop has put together an AAC Quick Start Kit filled with basic information and activities which can be used by any AAC supporter or group to get communication off on the right foot.
This kit includes:
- An AAC implementation guide with 9 essential, research-supported steps to lead you to successful AAC usage and growth.
- A list of AAC terms and definitions to help everyone understand AAC language.
- "I Will" statements for each AAC supporter helping to define their role.
- A compilation of important online AAC resources.
- Monthly modeling calendars to support core vocabulary words.
- Great AAC oriented games and activities to engage communicators and encourage learning.
CoughDrop has also created several printable posters which can be used in classrooms, therapy rooms, and family rooms to support communicators and supporters working with AAC.
Hit the link below an image to reach a printable and shareable version of the poster.
Activities & Fun
Some additional resources can be used for games, learning activities, and to share the message of AAC in a fun and unique way. Find those in the links below.
AAC Monster Mash Up game (for modeling core vocabulary & fun)
While all the resources in the world can't take the place of you, a dedicated communication partner, we hope these will make the work a little bit easier and maybe a little bit more fun.