CoughDrop allows many different customizations and configurations for communication boards. The goal is to make editing boards as easy and straightforward as possible. Boards are made up of a grid of buttons (for now, visual scene displays coming later) that can be edited individually or in bulk. We'll go through all the editing options individually.
NOTE: You can edit any speech board owned by your own account or the account of someone you supervise. If you want to customize a publicly shared board within CoughDrop you can make your own copy of that board or board set and then edit your copy to fit your needs. Learn more about copying a speech board in our support article here.
Copy a Publicly Shared AAC Board in CoughDrop
Entering Edit Mode
Edit Mode interface
The Edit Mode interface should look familiar, it is not that different from the other modes available in CoughDrop. Along the top are a number of buttons.
Edit Mode header
The "Edit" and "Paint" buttons are used to switch between standard editing and painting (see the painting walkthrough). Next you have "Undo" and "Redo" for working around mistakes while editing. The "Grid +/-" button lets you add and remove rows and columns to the button grid **NOTE** If you remove rows or columns from your board and then save the changes those buttons will be deleted permanantly from the board.
The "More" button lets you edit things like the board's description or license, and also access the button stash.
There are many other configuration options available, as CoughDrop tries to make configuration as easy as possible. For example you can bulk edit button colors or visibility using the painting tool, and you can drag and drop buttons to rearrange them or to clear them or copy them to the button stash. Below are some of the additional resources available to help in creating and modifying boards.
- How do I link from one board to another?
- How do I color multiple buttons at once?
- How do I use my own pictures when editing a board?
- How do I use my own sounds when editing a board?
- How do I rearrange buttons on a board?
- How do I hide or show buttons on a board?
- How do I configure buttons to open a web site?
- How do I configure buttons to launch mobile apps?
- How do I create my own keyboard?
- How do I configure a button to modify already-entered words (i.e. inflections)?
- How do I specify a license for reuse when editing a board?